8.09.2017

Mikasa Beauty | Review

Mikasa Beauty recently reached out to me with the opportunity to try out some brushes of my choosing. I will tell you about my brushes in a bit, but first let me tell you about Mikasa Beauty and why I was so drawn to this opportunity.

Image courtesy of Mikasa Beauty

Mikasa Beauty is a Vancouver-based makeup brush company. Since they are quite a new company, they are setting themselves apart from other more established brush companies by focusing on their current designs, as opposed to expanding product lines. This immense attention has created a line of beautiful and affordable quality brushes.


Image courtesy of Mikasa Beauty

I ordered the 4 Piece Essential Eye Set and they are a dream!
My favourite brush from this set has to be the blending brush. The brush hairs are soft and gentle on the skin, but them have enough rigidity and stiffness to actually do their job well. The eye shader brush looks like your generic eye shadow brush, but the brush hairs are quite stiff, allowing for a richer, brighter application of shadow.


Until now, I had never owned an eyeliner brush or a pencil brush, and I thought that these two brushes would just end up gong unused. as it turns out, these two little brushes are the best tools for achieving the perfect smokey eye look! The liner brush is small enough and precise enough for bringing eyeshadow along the bottom lashes. The pencil brush works perfectly for smudging out harsh eyeliner and dark shadow.


Along with my brushes, I was gifted the Lemon Drop Sponge. I don't usually use sponges in my makeup application, but this sponge is wonderful! It is small enough to reach every crease and corner, and provides buildable coverage. What I really love about this sponge is that I find that I use way less foundation when using it.

Overall, these brushes are beautifully made, easy to use, and so affordable.
I love supporting local companies, and I can definitely see myself purchasing my makeup brushes from Mikasa Beauty from now on.

Check out their brushes here.


Want your own brush set? Looking to expand your brush collection?
Get 25% off your order from Mikasa Beauty using this code:
BRUBCBABE25




No comments:

Post a Comment