Taking an outfit from day to night is no easy task. I mean, let's face it, how many of us have stopped at home after work to change before going out on a date or out with the girls? But a complete outfit change isn't always necessary. All you need are the right accessories.
Enter AUrate New York.
AUrate New York is a jewelry company that is constantly doing their best to give back to the community that surrounds them. Not only are their products ethically sourced and produced, they are supporting the improvement of literacy in schoolchildren. In partnership with Mastery Charter, they use a portion of every single purchase made in their stores and on their website to donate books to the schoolchildren of New York. This cause, A Book for a Look, is this company's way of working towards raising the literacy rate in their community. You can read more about this cause here and here.
I'm so excited to be participating in AUrate New York's Day to Night Challenge. Currently, they are working with bloggers on an empowerment project, creating day-to-night transition looks. For my transition look, I went with an office-appropriate ensemble, featuring this Chicwish sweater.
For the day look, I paired the sweater with a pair of wide-legged trousers and nude pumps, both from Topshop, for a clean look. I accented the outfit with these small, diamond hoops and this pendant necklace.
For the night look, I switched out the trousers for dark-wash, flared jeans from Current Elliot and red pumps from Topshop for a pop of colour, creating a more laidback yet fun look. I accented the outfit with this pair of jacket earrings, this choker, and this necklace.
What I love most about the jewelry from AUrate New York is how simple, clean, and timeless their designs are. Their pieces are versatile, standing well on their own and pairing well with other items as well. But the fact that this company uses ethically sourced materials and gives back to their community with every purchase makes their jewelry even more desirable.
You can check out the rest of AUrate New York's jewelry here.
1. SHOES: I have been wearing this pair of white sneakers from Payless Shoes almost every day this month. I think they are the perfect summer shoe! Light, comfortable, versatile...yes, white shoes do show dirt quite quickly, but the beauty of a canvas pair is that they are so easy to wash!
2. CLOTHING: I have been wearing so many light, breezy tops this month. BC has been experiencing the most ridiculous heat wave this summer, and light chiffon tops have been a great way to beat the heat. H&M is my go-to store for these kinds of shirts. I love the fit of colour options of this blouse, and the cut of this blouse would be very cute tucked into cut off denim shorts.
3. ACCESSORIES: Of course, my go-to summer accessories are sunnies. Usually, I reach for my aviators, but this month I have been donning my wayfarers much more often.
4. MUSIC: My husband and I are huge country music fans. And lately, both of us have been listening to a lot of Kelsea Ballerini. Her music is upbeat, and is so easy to listen to. Her next album, 'Unapologetically', is coming out on November 3 and I am so excited to hear how she is progressing as an artist.
5. BEAUTY: I like keeping my day-to-day skincare as simple as possible, without sacrificing a deep clean. The Penetrating Charcoal Bar from Bioré is just that: simple and deep-cleaning. My skin feels so clean, supple, and tingly after every use. I have also been loving the Amazing Grace perfume from philosophy (read my review here) and the Voluminous Lash Paradise mascara from L'Oreal Paris (read my review here).
What have you been loving this month? What were your go-to pieces? What track did you have on repeat? Let me know in the comments Xx.
I tend to describe my style as minimalistic, timeless, and classic. I don't like to venture outside of my comfort zone. That is why I love this scent from philosophy.
This scent is so beautiful! It is light, floral, not overly sweet, and has an almost musky undertone to it. I would describe it as feminine and empowering, yet mild and simple.
The packaging perfectly suits the scent as well. It is simple and understated. Feminine and graceful without appearing overly delicate.
This is my current favourite perfume, and I wear it almost every day.
I got this as a free sample with a Sephora purchase, and I will be returning to buy a larger bottle. This perfume is the embodiment of grace and modern feminity.
The denim mini has had a facelift this season. Embroidery, studs, distressing to the extreme...designers everywhere have revamped the denim mini skirt into something fresh and new, yet classic in its origins. The denim mini has been my favourite addition to any casual summer outfit this year. Here are some of my favourite ways to style the new-and-improved denim mini skirt.